Saturday 1 May 2010

Food a new obsession (the healthy sort)

It's now been over a month and a half since I've eaten any bread, it's not that I don't like bread but it seems that bread equals fat. I have found a new love for salads when you actually start being creative there's a lot more to them than lettuce, cucumber and tomato, I've been buying things like baby spinach, radishes, sugar snap peas, beans and fresh herbs it's been quite eye opening. Adding new potatoes of pasta makes them quite satisfying.


My fridge seems to be full of lots of fat free dairy as well it's amazing what you can do with some low fat fromage frais and quark. I can't believe I'm talking like this being a complete Nigella fan but I actually made a delicious frozen raspberry dessert and the other day I made the most gorgeous Chicken dish with passata and butternut squash that apparently was a syn free meal and I would happily eat every day.

Also you can still eat curry I've made a few different ones which tasted like the real thing

so you feel like you aren't even eating healthy, apart from the lack of naan bread and again I'm back to the bread thing. I think it will be worth it and maybe one day I'll be able to eat a piece of French stick without having to starve myself for the rest of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment