Wednesday 1 April 2009

First Steps Almost

What an exciting day, I was amazed that Sammy just got up this morning and decided to that he could walk with the push along walker. Up to now he has always refused on the grounds that it moves way to fast and is obviously a health hazard but for some reason this morning it was suddenly easy. It is a wonderful step literally in the right direction I'm hopeful that we may have him walking by his second birthday that would be way ahead of where I thought it would be.

Also this week he's using his signing more and more and obviously understanding so much of what is said to him and around him. He really seems to like squirrels after seeing one on 'Something Special' so we took him, Millie and Luke for a walk on Sunday afternoon to see if we could find one in the woods. Typically when you want to see one there were none in sight but he did get very good at the tree sign, two days later I was telling a friend about this and when I looked at him he was watching me and signing tree. He is even signing a couple of signs together now if you count signing to songs it's so sweet to see him but unfortunately I can't sing, sign and film all at once so you will have to take my word for it.

I'm really encouraged at the moment he seems to be coming on so well the fact that he doesn't speak isn't so worrying because I'm sure he will get round to it and it's obvious that he wants to communicate. If every journey starts with one small step then today I think we started on our way to somewhere wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment